Empty Lead in SFDC Type

Tara_Rowe
Level 5

Empty Lead in SFDC Type

Question:

I understand that  we have a field in Marketo called SFDC Type, within the "Lead Info" tab and It has three possible values: lead, contact, or it's empty. If it is empty, it means that this Marketo lead does not exist in SFDC. My question is why would it be empty?

If the lead went through all channels on our website filling out the web form information and has scored as qualified and "Fast Tracked" why would the field be empty?

pastedImage_0.png

4 REPLIES 4
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Re: Empty Lead in SFDC Type

Hi Tara, have they flowed through a campaign that is synced to SFDC or gone through a flow step of "Sync to SFDC"? Without one of these two occurring, the record will not be synced to SFDC.

Tara_Rowe
Level 5

Thank you Dory, this explains what is happening.

The 'Lead" is not on a campaign I believe they were on the website and clicked through areas and filled out webforms which then scored them to Fast Track as a MQL but would not be in SFDC since they never went through any campaigns to qualify. Now that they synced to Marketo as a new contact they will be added to a campaign and go through the flow steps which should then sync them to SFDC? I am a new user to Marketo and trying to figure out some areas that are not making sense. This really helps, thank you!

Justin_Norris1
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Tara Rowe

I would suggest to think about your system as a whole and determine when you want leads to pass over to SFDC (generally I prefer to send over everyone and use statuses or other flags to hide leads from sales that are pre-MQL).

Once you have your logic in place you can create a centralized Sync to SFDC campaign; this is a global operational campaign that is responsible for syncing all your leads over at the appropriate time. Ensure that any data operations (e.g., values that need to be set for lead routing etc.) are done BEFORE the sync.

The thing you do not want to do is have "Sync to SFDC" flow steps in a bunch of different places. That will make troubleshooting very hard.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, I had this same issue, and the posts above helped me find a solution. For me I noticed it was only leads we create via the Marketo API that had this problem. The reason was no campaign was syncing it to SFDC. So, just created a new smart campaign, the smart list was (for me) Source Type is Web service API, and made that campaign trigger the sync of the lead to SFDC.