Empty Field showing leads in Reports???

Tara_Rowe
Level 5

Empty Field showing leads in Reports???

Looking for some help - I am new to Marketo and trying to figure out some things within our lead database and clean up data errors.

When pulling a lead report I always seem to have a Empty field with leads. As you can see below it shows we have 18 empty leads. Since I am unable to Drill-Down how can we find out who these 18 Leads are and why they are Empty?

pastedImage_1.png

7 REPLIES 7
Rachel_Noble
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Re: Empty Field showing leads in Reports???

Can you create a smart list that has only one filter that says Active is empty?

Tara_Rowe
Level 5

I tried this smart list and it did not pull out anything...

Robb_Barrett
Marketo Employee

There's probably not a default setting, or the field is newer than some of the leads.

For example, let's say you have a binary field. Unless it's set up with to default to YES or NO, it'll stay NULL.

Robb Barrett
Tara_Rowe
Level 5

I will look into that, the challenge is the more I dig the more empty leads I find. Yikes!

pastedImage_0.png

Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

This just means that X leads have an Active value of NULL or IS EMPTY.

That's a data quality issue. What is this field used for?

Tara_Rowe
Level 5

Thank you Josh -

I have gone through our Lead lifecycle flow and think it might be that we have "recycle date & lost customer" is set to NULL if not empty. In our reporting we cannot determine who or what these "empty" leads are, but also have a hard time thinking this large number would be associated to recycle date & lost customer. When we drill down to contact type, Lifecycle status, revenue stage we always seem to have a large sum of empty.

I am thinking the smart list of Active is Empty and hopefully it can give me more perspective. It is defiantly a data issue which I am  hoping to clean up.

Tara_Rowe
Level 5

Ah ha!

Seems to be all out Contact Types with the field empty!

Thanks everyone.