SOLVED

Re: Embed YouTube Video - Full Screen

Go to solution
Jean-Pascal_Mer
Level 4

Embed YouTube Video - Full Screen

Hi guys,

I'm trying to embed a YouTube video to a landing page with the allowfullscreen options but Marketo keeps reformating the code to allowfullscreen="".

It doesn't seem to be accepting this attribute. Anyone has ever figured out how to make this work?

Thanks

JP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

So, I filed a ticket to change this but we've learned that allowfullscreen="" is equivalent to allowfullscreen

It won't show you the full-screen button in the LP Previewer but when you approve and deploy the landing page, it will work fine. So, the fact that the syntax is changed actually doesn't impact anything.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Hi Jean, What I can assume that your embedding your video using a rich-text element from the right-hand side 'Insert Elements' panel of the draft of the landing page. The rich-text does adds ="" to the allowfullscreen attribute. So instead of using it, try to embed your video in an HTML element from that panel. The HTML element won't touch the allowfullscreen attribute. Hope this solves your issue.

Jean-Pascal_Mer
Level 4

Thanks Alok, I'll try it this way next time.

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

It's because a bunch of HTML5 validators previously thought this wasn't valid syntax. Many have been updated to resolve it but our text editor hasn't been updated yet. I filed a ticket to fix this.

Justin_Cooperm2
Level 10

So, I filed a ticket to change this but we've learned that allowfullscreen="" is equivalent to allowfullscreen

It won't show you the full-screen button in the LP Previewer but when you approve and deploy the landing page, it will work fine. So, the fact that the syntax is changed actually doesn't impact anything.