Re: Emails Look Different in Different Types of Email Services

Anonymous
Not applicable

Emails Look Different in Different Types of Email Services

My emails look different in Outlook than they do in Gmail, yahoo, etc ... I seem to be able to get the spacing and formatting correct for one email service, but then the words are cut off, on a second line, image isn't centered, etc ... in the other emali service ... any idea how to adjust for this?
Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Litmus and Email on Acid are your QA friends when it comes to optimizing for different clients. They're both paid services but invaluable because no editor will get it right all the time.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Campaign monitor is good for an overview:
Example what style will work in what client:
http://www.campaignmonitor.com/css/
Anonymous
Not applicable

Marketo also sells an add-on deliverability package that includes viewing emails in different clients, as well as spam content check and  seed list testing.  You can find more information here: http://www.marketo.com/packages/email-deliverability.php
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kelly, you may just need a few simple CSS adjustments.  If you would be open to share a link to your email or your code I would be happy to help you out.  This is probably an easy fix.
Anonymous
Not applicable

i played around with the HTML code of the email template, and that helped a lot. i just increased the width and then it looked good in both types of email formats. thank you everyone for all your help!
Aida_Kamber
Level 2

I am having the same issue. Outlook squeezes one my columns and the text wraps. It looks perfectly fine in Gmail and on my iPhone.

Can someone please help? 

Thank you! 
Aida_Kamber
Level 2

I am having the same issue. Outlook squeezes one my columns and the text wraps. It looks perfectly fine in Gmail and on my iPhone.

Can someone please help? 

Thank you!