Re: Email to Two Contacts in Same Company

Raksha_Rathnam
Level 2

Email to Two Contacts in Same Company

Hello Marketo Community,

We are looking to do Marketo or integrated services campaign where the following occurs:

1) Contacts are placed into an ongoing engagement program

2) A lead takes some form of behavioral action

3) Logic checks against leads in the same program that may reside with the same company

4) A single email is sent addressing both identified contacts

Is this possible with Marketo logic or functionality, primarily around being able to send one email to both contacts? If not, are there any third part services that can help us to accomplish this?

Any insights to this would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Raksha,

Let me make sure I'm understanding what you're asking. If a lead in an engagement program takes an action, you then want to trigger an email message to go to all leads at the company of the lead who took the action. Is that correct?

Raksha_Rathnam
Level 2

I think that would be one solution. The other solution would be to have contact one within the company takes and action. Then when contact two in that same company takes an action, we send email(s) referencing them both. Something to the effect of "We noticed both of you....".

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Rasksha,

A little hard to do without the ABM option. You might want to do it through the CRM in the following way:

• When the 1st person takes the action, you update a CRM field on that person
  • that field sync to the CRM, where it triggers and action that update another field on the related account (in SFDC, a simple workflow can to this)
  • That second account field syncs back to Marketo on all other contacts in the account
  • You can use that second field data value change in Marketo to fire actions on all the contacts

-Greg

Raksha_Rathnam
Level 2

Thanks, Greg. I'll need to check to see if this route would be an option.