SOLVED

Re: Email Template "Invalid Element Id"

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Email Template "Invalid Element Id"

Hi all,

First time posting here so please let me know if this isn't the right place. I'm looking to get some assistance with an "Invalid Element Id" error on an email template I'm working on.

You can see my code at the following link and also attached: https://hastebin.com/etafadiwil.xml

The line that's throwing an error is 1536 or you can search for <div class="mktEditable" id="3col-text-1"

Please let me know if you need additional information to narrow down potential causes.

Thanks,

Aldo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Hey Aldo - welcome to community

I'm not gonna be super helpful on the why here, because I don't know exactly what rule it is that this breaks, but I have had this issue myself before and it seems to be something about using a number to start an id. I've looked and yours is actually throwing out a couple of errors in validation:pastedImage_2.png

I was able to successfully validate and approve it by replacing all instances of "3col" and "2col" with "three-col" or "two-col".

Some examples of numbers at the start of an ID that do work, though - I've had cases and in yours "3icons" seems to, so it seems like its a rule that only applies in certain conditions - e.g. only on the mktEditable class (which seems to be the case for yours at a glance).

Would be curious to see if someone here knows exactly what the cause is though!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Hey Aldo - welcome to community

I'm not gonna be super helpful on the why here, because I don't know exactly what rule it is that this breaks, but I have had this issue myself before and it seems to be something about using a number to start an id. I've looked and yours is actually throwing out a couple of errors in validation:pastedImage_2.png

I was able to successfully validate and approve it by replacing all instances of "3col" and "2col" with "three-col" or "two-col".

Some examples of numbers at the start of an ID that do work, though - I've had cases and in yours "3icons" seems to, so it seems like its a rule that only applies in certain conditions - e.g. only on the mktEditable class (which seems to be the case for yours at a glance).

Would be curious to see if someone here knows exactly what the cause is though!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow...I would never have guessed that would cause an issue. Would be great if we got more info in the error messages like "ID cannot start with numerical value".

Thank you so much for this.

Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Yes - the template editor is a bit notorious for its lack of detail in error messaging...

Hopefully that helps at least get your template approved but will be nice to see if someone knows why it happens!

Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Hey Aldo Schumann​ - see if anyone else is able to contribute an explanation of why but if my answer allowed you to approve your template feel free to mark it as correct so this thread shows as answered for future reference

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahh sorry about that! Still getting used to this forum

Marked your answer as correct!

Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

No sweat

jebbers
Level 1

Thank you!!!!

I was running into this today, and taking out the number at the beginning of the ID worked.