SOLVED

Email suspended vs. deletion

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Email suspended vs. deletion

What's the difference? If suspended, does the contact still count towards my limit?
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Email suspended vs. deletion

Hi Kate,
Leads in your database will always count towards the total. However, Marketo does have a feature called "Durable Unsubscribe". If you mark a lead as unsubscribed and delete them from your database, Marketo still keeps track of this unsubscribe. If the lead is added back to the database at any point, it will automatically be marked as unsubscribed.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kate,
Email Suspended really only lasts for 24 hours (even though is remains "True"). It is described in detail here: https://community.marketo.com/MarketoArticle?id=kA050000000L3F2CAK

Yes, leads who are suspended will still count and increase the total leads in your database.

Thank you!
Will
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there anyway to have them inactive but not couting towards the total? If I delete them and they are DNC, I don't want them to get readded and reached out to again at a future time...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kate,
Leads in your database will always count towards the total. However, Marketo does have a feature called "Durable Unsubscribe". If you mark a lead as unsubscribed and delete them from your database, Marketo still keeps track of this unsubscribe. If the lead is added back to the database at any point, it will automatically be marked as unsubscribed.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will,
I just need to make sure i'm reading your post correctly. Are you saying that I can safely delete all my unsubscribed leads. And Marketo will make sure they don't ever receive an email by accident?