Email Stats for Technology B2B Companies

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email Stats for Technology B2B Companies

Hi Community,

I've had difficulty finding open rate, click to open, and click through rate benchmarks for B2B technology, specifically cybersecurity companies. Do any of you work in this field, and do you have averages you'd like to share? Since text versions of emails are not trackable unless a form fill is involved, and most of our prospects have strict policies regarding accepting links, images, etc. any additional info would be very helpful.

Thanks so much,

Anne

4 REPLIES 4
Devraj_Grewal
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Email Stats for Technology B2B Companies

Anne,

I've found there is so much variation in industry benchmarks for email, especially when considering that email metrics are not always easy to monitor and can be deceiving. Honestly, I have chosen to not dwell too much on the average benchmarks and chose to rather focus on boosting engagement through improvements in our own campaigns. Instead of trying to be as successful as the marketers from those case studies, just put together a process so you can consistently improve your own email engagement.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Fully agreed with Devraj: the important point is how you improve over time, not how you compare to averages that will be meaningless because the standard deviation is enormous.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Greg,

Thank you for your reply, that makes perfect sense!

Anne

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Devraj, that is very helpful.