SOLVED

Re: Email Program: Stats not adding up

Go to solution
Konrad_Preuning
Level 1

Email Program: Stats not adding up

Hello,

The dashboard stats after completing an a/b/c/d email program don't add up. As you can see below under the 'Email Send' graph:

Sent: 4,689

Bounced: 205

Delivered: 4,107

My math leads me to subtract Bounced from Sent which should give me the Delivered total. Obviously not true. I also see this in my other a/b email programs. What am I missing here? thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Hi Konrad Preuninger​,

Have a look at this Hard and Soft Bounces in Email - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

How long after your send are you looking at this report?  Some soft bounces are reatempted after a certain amount of hours so may not have been classed as bounced or delivered in your report above.

Try creating an email performance report in your program and see how those numbers add up. Create a Report in a Program - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Thanks,

Gerard

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Hi Konrad Preuninger​,

Are you creating an Email Performance Report?  Are you including soft bounces in your total above?  See my screenshot, there are two types of bounces included in the report.

Screen Shot 2017-08-07 at 13.28.58.png

Konrad_Preuning
Level 1

Capture.JPG

Hi Gerard,

Not a report. Its an Email Program. As you can see in the attached image from the Dashboard.

Gerard_Donnell4
Level 10

Hi Konrad Preuninger​,

Have a look at this Hard and Soft Bounces in Email - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

How long after your send are you looking at this report?  Some soft bounces are reatempted after a certain amount of hours so may not have been classed as bounced or delivered in your report above.

Try creating an email performance report in your program and see how those numbers add up. Create a Report in a Program - Marketo Docs - Product Docs

Thanks,

Gerard

Konrad_Preuning
Level 1

Hi Gerard,

I looked at the Email Performance report, finding Soft Bounce and Bounce. The numbers now add up. Both bounce types aren't included in the Email Program Dashboard. Thanks for your help!

Additionally, do you know how to single out an Email Program in the above report. I added the Filter Was Sent Email in the smart list, referencing my Email Program and the Report includes all emails within the time frame specified and nothing from the Smart List! thanks