Email Program - sends to different Smart Lists?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email Program - sends to different Smart Lists?

Maybe I am missing something with the new Email Program / Email Send.

Our scenerio is that we use a single email and send it to different lists at different times.  With this new email program set up it looks like I have to chose one smart list per campaign, without the capability of nesting multiple sends in one program.

Has anyone else used the new email program to send the same email to different lists without creating a seperate program?  I was really looking forward to my users getting all the benefits of this new dashboard and reporting.
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Email Program - sends to different Smart Lists?

The Email Programs were created with the philosophy, one list, one schedule. (So, No)

Can you perhaps elaborate on why you need multiple times/lists? If it is important to have multiple times & lists, why not keep the programs separate so you can see independent results?
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

@Nichole, we too require the need for this capabilitiy (and I think we'll need to do this the old way).  We have a follow-up email that needs to go after a major event we attended.  The lists from the sales teams are coming in at different times, but want to get these out ASAP (while the event is still fresh in their minds).  So as the lists come in, the desire was to send this email out in multiple waves.
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Dan Have you tried an engagement program? You could add the follow-up email to a stream, and then apply leads to the stream as they come in from sales. Since the engagement program won't send the same email to people who have already recieved it, you can set it to run daily.

Anonymous
Not applicable

The lack of this feature makes the new Email Program appear much more complicated for us. My use case is simple geographic timezones. I can't send to New York, London, Munich, Australia and Los Angeles all at the same time; I need to stagger them by timezone.

I might try the Email Program once and see how complicated it is to do multiples, my concern is we're going to clutter things up and add a bunch of extra work for the very minor benefit of being able to see stats by timezone.