SOLVED

Email Open Rates Based on Delivery Time

Go to solution
Amanda_Grambsch
Level 1

Email Open Rates Based on Delivery Time

Is there a way to run a report based on what time all historic emails were sent to analyze open and click through rates based on delivery time other than in Revenue Explorer? I'm trying to find the information in email insights but it will only show detailed info by day and I am looking to go back a full year. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Email Open Rates Based on Delivery Time

Amanda,

the first problem you'll have is that Marketo is only guaranteed to retain email sends data for 90 days.  You can see the activity data retention policy here

This is why many businesses extract their activity data and place it in an external database.  If you are doing this, it'd be comparatively straightforward to do the analysis there using SQL.

Cheers

Jo

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Jo_Pitts1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Amanda,

the first problem you'll have is that Marketo is only guaranteed to retain email sends data for 90 days.  You can see the activity data retention policy here

This is why many businesses extract their activity data and place it in an external database.  If you are doing this, it'd be comparatively straightforward to do the analysis there using SQL.

Cheers

Jo

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Jo's right, Amanda! Even if Marketo retained the high-volume activities beyond 90 days, Marketo's OOTB Analytics reports might not be best for visually seeing patterns w.r.t. open/click based on the send time. Also, opens and clicks are susceptible to bot activities, but you should be fine with the bot activity filter turned on (i.e., Marketo marking the activities with bot as "Is Bot Activity = True" or by just filtering those by selecting not to log bot activity in the first place). You should export the activities on a rolling basis based on your send volume using Marketo's Bulk Extract APIs (not via the regular APIs, as those can easily eat up your API quota if you have fairly moderate to high email send volumes).