Re: Email not rendering

kyle_kopp
Level 2

Email not rendering

Hi all - One of my email templates is suddenly not working anymore and I can't figure out how to fix it. I am receiving the error in the picture below. There was an update made recently to the velocity script in some tokens that are being utilized for this email. I'm wondering if this is playing a part in the issue. 

However, the error is not very clear in describing the issue and I'm not sure where to begin to troubleshoot this. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

marketo error.png

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Hi all - One of my email templates is suddenly not working anymore and I can't figure out how to fix it. I am receiving the error in the picture below. There was an update made recently to the velocity script in some tokens that are being utilized for this email. I'm wondering if this is playing a part in the issue. 

It certainly is! That’s a Velocity error.

Who changed this code and, to be frank, why aren’t they involved in troubleshooting the resulting error?

kyle_kopp
Level 2

Does the screenshot I provided give any indication as to where to look in the code for the error? Do you have any recommendations on how to identify the error in the code?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Couldn’t say without seeing both your code and the underlying data (person data, custom object if applicable).

Could be a basic syntax error or something more complex.