SOLVED

Re: Email invalid Change Email Create campaign to uncheck "email invalid"

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Email invalid Change Email Create campaign to uncheck "email invalid"

Pretend if you will:

- Lead: Mary Smith's email address has bounced a few times, and has since been marked as "Email Invalid."
- Someone in Sales spots that her email address is wrong, and updates her email address in SF.
- New email address syncs over to Marketo.

Question:
- Now that that record has a new email address... Marketo doesn't automatically recognize this, removing the "Email invalid" status, correct?
- With that "invalid" status "checked," that person will automatically be excluded from future emails (even though they have a new email address, that may work perfectly.)

Correct so far? If not, correct me!  πŸ™‚

If that's correct, is the best way to remedy this to create a trigger flow that is based on :
- Email Invalid is true
- Data Value Changed (email address)

Flow:
Change Data value: Email Invalid = False

Just trying to make sure updates aren't being made... but they're moot because the "email invalid" box remains checked.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Jen,

I've often wondered this as well, but in what I've seen, Marketo doesn't have a system rule that watches for a change like this. So I've always had a trigger in place that does exactly what you outline: watches for email address changes and nulls the Email Invalid field. Seems to have worked beautifully for me.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Jen,

I've often wondered this as well, but in what I've seen, Marketo doesn't have a system rule that watches for a change like this. So I've always had a trigger in place that does exactly what you outline: watches for email address changes and nulls the Email Invalid field. Seems to have worked beautifully for me.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jeff... Seems like the most systematic approach to me, and it works fine. Just wanted to toss it to the community, just in case there was a work-around I wasn't aware of!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this still the best method to work around "invalid" emails once they are corrected? I would love to hear how this has worked for you over the last year!
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hi Julie,

This is still the prinicpal method to remove email invalid from a record.  It's reasonable to assume that when an email address is changed that it has changed to a valid one.