Email Images Not Loading & Email Links Not Working...For Some People

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email Images Not Loading & Email Links Not Working...For Some People

So we've had a good number of cases of two different issues.

1. Some people's images don't load, mostly in Outlook. They can download them, but they get a red X that says it can't be loaded.  This only happens on some people, though. And when another person is forwarded an email from someone with this issue, that email shows up fine for the new person.

2. Some people's email's links don't work. It just shows an error. Not the type that it redirects to our site for a not found error, but an error that it can't find the server and the browser is forced to display an error. When they forward it to me or to someone who it does work for, the links work fine for that new person. So the links are still correct.

Mostly these issues are with separate people, no one has both issues. But we've had a couple that do have both. But there seems to be no correlation to who it's affecting.  I've also talked with marketo support and our own IT and CNAME has been good for over a year and they both say everything on their end looks fine.  

Anyone encourntered anything like this?
Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Email Images Not Loading & Email Links Not Working...For Some People

In this instance I'd look closer at your DNS.  What exactly has your IT department done to verify that your domain is OK?  You could have one nameserver that's giving wrong results, for example.  The more nameservers you have, the harder it is to find when just one is acting up.  One broken NS will create apparently sporadic problems (they aren't really "sporadic" because they would affect anyone who happens to get results from the misbehaving box).
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Sandford! I actually checked with IT (that's why it took so long for me to reply) and they said they had everything done everything they could and double checked things.  I've done several DNS checks and both the name servers were working correctly.  Also, I've visited a website that does a DNS check around the world, and everything seemed fine.
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Well, can't say much more unless I know the actual domain.  What is it?
Anonymous
Not applicable

The subdomain for links is info.clsinvest.com.  Below is an example one.
http://info.clsinvest.com/JW4BF00C1D0J0C009000000

The subdomain for images is go.clsinvest.com.  But my main priority is the links, to be honest.
Anonymous
Not applicable

15 09 02 - Image Not Showing in Email.png

The issue for me is that even after you click "view images," only one picture doesn't show up.  It's there, and if you move the border around you can see the image, but it doesn't show as laid out in the preview.  If you view this email as a webpage, it shows perfectly.  This has been happening for several of our emails, and I'm not sure how to solve it.

I can't accept changing my Outlook settings as that only solves the issue on my computer and not of the thousands of people we plan to send this email.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

There are a few reasons this could be happening, but unfortunately, it's all Outlook-related:

Pictures don't display in Outlook messages

Pictures not displaying in email is a fairly common email marketing problem (and sometimes the bane of my existence), so I've started changing my "View as Webpage" link to say, "Can't view images? Click here to view as a webpage" or something to that effect. I'm always amazed by how many people click on it.