SOLVED

Re: Email images blocked by our email server?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Email images blocked by our email server?

I'm working on a marketo launch for our sister agency. All emails are testing fine across browsers and clients, excluding actual people with the same inbox domain name as the landing page/image repository domain. They "allow images" in the email but still show up as question marks. I am almost guessing that their mail server is set to block or gets confused by the image links because they're hosted in Marketo. Has anyone experienced anything like this? 
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hey Naor,

There could be any number of causes, but the most likelyy scenario if you Marketo LP CNAME is new is that that CNAME is not available in the local DNS of these users.  You can test by going to the command line on one of the local machines and using nslookup like so:

'nslookup your.cname.com'

This will show if the CNAME is resolving on the local machine.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Kenny_Elkington
Marketo Employee

Hey Naor,

There could be any number of causes, but the most likelyy scenario if you Marketo LP CNAME is new is that that CNAME is not available in the local DNS of these users.  You can test by going to the command line on one of the local machines and using nslookup like so:

'nslookup your.cname.com'

This will show if the CNAME is resolving on the local machine.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Kenny, thanks for the reply, it makes a lot of sense. I'm sharing the details with our IT support team.