Email Hero Image Scales Down in Outlook and Doesn't Fill Frame

KB2024
Level 1

Email Hero Image Scales Down in Outlook and Doesn't Fill Frame

Hi All,

I am new to Marketo and having issues with our new email template displaying incorrectly in Outlook. For some reason the hero image appears small and slightly distorted and does not fill the 640x411 px frame at the top of the email. This only seems to be happening with Outlook- I've tested with Gmail and the image appears normally. 

I am not very skilled with code. I have tried some troubleshooting using suggestions from other posts about the same issue but have not had any luck with resolving this. Any advice would be helpful or even if someone is willing to take a quick look at the HTML that would be appreciated. Thank you in advance for your input.

2 REPLIES 2
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Email Hero Image Scales Down in Outlook and Doesn't Fill Frame

Well, you’d surely have to start by providing your code, although ideally you should trim it down to the smallest possible template that demonstrates the behavior because otherwise there’s a lot of chaff to wade through.

When inserting code, always use the Syntax Highlighter, located here on the toolbar:

SanfordWhiteman_0-1720205262858.png

Jasbir_Kaur
Level 5

Re: Email Hero Image Scales Down in Outlook and Doesn't Fill Frame

Hi @KB2024 

You need to use images with the correct dimensions to ensure they appear well in Outlook and specify the proper width in the style tag. You can share the code with us, and we can guide you better from there.