SOLVED

Email Frequecy

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Email Frequecy

I would like to have a subscription center where cusotmers can choose the frequency of how often they get emails. how would i do that without  putting them on marketing suspended.

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rachit_Puri2
Level 7

Re: Email Frequecy

Hi Leslie

You can leverage score fields in Marketo.

1. Create a custom score field - Number of Emails Available
  2. Create a smart campaign which is triggered every time an email is delivered to a lead. The flow should mark Number of Available Emails  = '-1'.
  3. I am assuming you have the 4 options to choose for email frequency -
    1. Once a week
    2. Twice a week
    3. Once a month
    4. Twice a month
  4. Now, set 4 recurring campaigns in your program which will reset the number of Available Emails on a weekly or monthly basis:
    1. Update Leads where F = Once a Week: The smart list will include all leads where email frequency is once a week. In the flow, if the Number of Available Emails is less than 1, change score '=1'. Schedule this campaign to run every Monday at 1 am in the morning.
    2. Update Leads where F = Twice a Week: The smart list will include all leads where email frequency is twice a week. In the flow, if the Number of Available Emails is less than 2, change score '=2'.Schedule this campaign to run every Monday at 1 am in the morning.
    3. Update Leads where F = Once a Month: The smart list will include all leads where email frequency is once a month. In the flow, if the Number of Available Emails is less than 1, change score '=1'.Schedule this campaign to run on 1st of every month at 1 am in the morning.
    4. Update Leads where F = Twice a Month: The smart list will include all leads where email frequency is once a week. In the flow, if the Number of Available Emails is less than 2, change score '=2'.Schedule this campaign to run on 1st of every month at 1 am in the morning.
  5. In you smart campaigns, you need to put in an additional filter that says Number of Emails Available is at least 1. This way you do not have to add leads to Marketing Suspended, and you can manage the email frequency selection for your leads.

Like Drew said, building and testing a preference centre like this might be complicated. Let me know if you need more details. You can drop me a line at rachitp@grazitti.com.

All the best!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Leslie,

Unfortunately, there isn't a really simple answer to a subscription center question. First, you want to make sure you're following the email opt-in laws for the country(ies) that your leads are in. If your leads are in the United States (and other countries with similar laws), you have a lot more leeway here. You wouldn't need to make them marketing suspended, but rather would start them out at whatever your current cadence is. Example... if you're currently emailing once a week, default them to a weekly cadence and then give them the option to change that. You'll need to think through the default for each type of subscription you have, as it sounds like you have more than one subscription and therefore probably have more than one default cadence.

This type of subscription center is fairly complex and mature, so there are a lot of moving parts here. That's why there isn't a super simple answer.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks!

Drew

Rachit_Puri2
Level 7

Hi Leslie

You can leverage score fields in Marketo.

1. Create a custom score field - Number of Emails Available
  2. Create a smart campaign which is triggered every time an email is delivered to a lead. The flow should mark Number of Available Emails  = '-1'.
  3. I am assuming you have the 4 options to choose for email frequency -
    1. Once a week
    2. Twice a week
    3. Once a month
    4. Twice a month
  4. Now, set 4 recurring campaigns in your program which will reset the number of Available Emails on a weekly or monthly basis:
    1. Update Leads where F = Once a Week: The smart list will include all leads where email frequency is once a week. In the flow, if the Number of Available Emails is less than 1, change score '=1'. Schedule this campaign to run every Monday at 1 am in the morning.
    2. Update Leads where F = Twice a Week: The smart list will include all leads where email frequency is twice a week. In the flow, if the Number of Available Emails is less than 2, change score '=2'.Schedule this campaign to run every Monday at 1 am in the morning.
    3. Update Leads where F = Once a Month: The smart list will include all leads where email frequency is once a month. In the flow, if the Number of Available Emails is less than 1, change score '=1'.Schedule this campaign to run on 1st of every month at 1 am in the morning.
    4. Update Leads where F = Twice a Month: The smart list will include all leads where email frequency is once a week. In the flow, if the Number of Available Emails is less than 2, change score '=2'.Schedule this campaign to run on 1st of every month at 1 am in the morning.
  5. In you smart campaigns, you need to put in an additional filter that says Number of Emails Available is at least 1. This way you do not have to add leads to Marketing Suspended, and you can manage the email frequency selection for your leads.

Like Drew said, building and testing a preference centre like this might be complicated. Let me know if you need more details. You can drop me a line at rachitp@grazitti.com.

All the best!