Re: Email Edit access issue

dheerajpatil
Level 1

Email Edit access issue

Hello,

Are there any email permissions (or any other restrictions) in Marketo where you try to edit an email but it gives you an error page (shown below) and immediately logs you out of Marketo?

I was able to edit emails in the past but since last week getting below error everytime I do any email actions (edit, preview etc.)

dheerajpatil_0-1693207134921.png

Would appreciate any insights on this.

Thank you!

7 REPLIES 7
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Well, yes, Marketo has permission sets for creating/editing/approving emails, but if a user's assigned role doesn't have the apt permission Marketo throws an error in the blue dialog box with this message: "You do not have sufficient privileges to perform this action". Also, it definitely should not log you out of the instance on trying to access/do something that's not included in your user's permission set. The error you're seeing appears to be a system-level error caused due to an exception at Marketo's end, and you should reach out to Marketo's support team after making sure your user has still got apt access to edit the email (just to be 100% sure). I've been also getting similar exceptions and errors with the JSON stack trace, especially after the July 2023 updates as soon I log in to some instances. I've been told by the support team that their team is working to fix those. Are you seeing this error on trying to preview/edit all the emails or this one/a few emails? I'd also check whether other users are facing this issue or not.

dheerajpatil
Level 1

Thanks for the insights Darshil.

I haven't got any prompt saying ""You do not have sufficient privileges to perform this action"" yet. I am getting this error page and get logged out each time I try to edit any of the emails.

On the access side, The user access were not changed lately and I was able to perform actions till mid of August, and issue has surfaced from last week only.

Other users doesn't seem to be facing this issue and I have been in contact with support team but they are not able to reproduce this issue on their end as well.

Would appreciate your further inputs on this. Thank you!

Darshil_Shah1

I usually create a loom video and include it in the support ticket I submit to the support team, so they can refer to it if they aren't able to reproduce the issue on their end. Have you tried switching browsers/deleting cookies/trying in an incognito window?

Darshil_Shah1

Since other users aren't seeing this issue, it's logical and anticipated that support won't be able to reproduce it with their user either.  Do you see any errors in your browser's F12 console when you encounter this error? The other day I was talking with the engineering team, and they let me know that most of the errors that users encounter while using Marketo (e.g., the one where Marketo displays the entire stack trace of error in a dialog) are captured by the system and are included in the product logs. These logs are reviewed by the engineering team for any necessary updates/patch deployments to fix them. Irrespective of knowing this, as pointed out by me earlier, you should try performing the email actions via alternate browser/incognito mode, etc., and see if that fixes the issue, if not, you should consider sending a screen-capture/video to the support team. 🙂

Jasbir_Kaur
Level 5

Yes, sometime we face this issue for a few instances, while editing/approving any email this error come, and we are not able to perform the required action and the instance log out, and we need to log in again and if we perform some action, again the instance log out. And, I noticed this error fix after some time.

dheerajpatil
Level 1

Thanks for the inputs Jasbir. Are there any actions you took to solve this or it got fixed automatically?

I have been facing this issue for more than a week now.

Jasbir_Kaur
Level 5

Hi @dheerajpatil,

The issue I have faced fixed automatically after some time.

I can suggest you that please try to change the browser or clear the cache and also try to log in at some other Colleague's laptop.

At last, please contact Marketo Support, they can definitely help you.