SOLVED

Email Delivered doesn't appear in Activity Log

Go to solution
fs_5319
Level 1

Email Delivered doesn't appear in Activity Log

Hi,

My team has sent a few emails recently and we tried to track the number of people that the email was delivered to. The email was sent on 11th Aug 2022. When I look at the email activity in the result tab of my batch campaign, there is no recorded activity. I can only see click and open. I reckoned it has something to do with the marketo data retention policy where email-delivered and sent activities are only stored for 90 days?

But I checked for my other emails that was sent in October, 2021, there is still email-delivered activities recorded for only 4 contacts in the results tab, but not everyone in the list. Is there an exception to this email-delivered activity 

fs_5319_0-1668574586511.png

But I checked for my other emails that was sent in October, 2021, there is still email-delivered activities recorded for only 4 contacts in the results tab (although the activity happened in 2021, beyond the 90 days period),  but not everyone in the list. Is there any conditions applied to this email-delivered activity being recorded in the result tab?

fs_5319_1-1668575197093.png

Appreciate some guidance on this. Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Email Delivered doesn't appear in Activity Log

Well, in certain cases you may see the activities past their retention period in the activity log and I don't think you should worry about the extra data that you see in the activity log (even though it's past the retention period). Marketo also has a note about this on its data retention policy page here.

The key thing about the data retention policy is that you should be aware of the retention period for both high- and low-volume activities and have that considered while referencing data from the lead activity logs. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Email Delivered doesn't appear in Activity Log

Well, in certain cases you may see the activities past their retention period in the activity log and I don't think you should worry about the extra data that you see in the activity log (even though it's past the retention period). Marketo also has a note about this on its data retention policy page here.

The key thing about the data retention policy is that you should be aware of the retention period for both high- and low-volume activities and have that considered while referencing data from the lead activity logs.