Re: Email defaults

Jason_Saunders
Level 2

Email defaults

In the "Email" area of the "Admin" section, are "From Email" and "From Label" user specific, but "Unsubscribe HTML","Unsubscribe Text","View as Web Page HTML", and "View as Web Page Text" global? I made a change to our "Unsubscribe HTML" and it seems to have changed for all users.

3 REPLIES 3
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Simply put: yes.

Jason_Saunders
Level 2

Thank you for the confirmation.

Michelle_Lewis
Level 3

Hi Jason Saunders​, yes this is the current setup. From Name and From Email Address are variable by user because different users could require different From Name and/or Email Address depending on who they send for/from on a regular basis. Whereas the Unsubscribe text is less variable due to the fact that it is meant to be the same across an entire instance - mostly likely to help the instance remain in compliance with CAN-SPAM laws.

I ran into this issue a couple of weeks ago. I'd created a template that incorporated the Unsubscribe link and copy in the template so I was going to remove from Admin, however not all users in the instance were using the template, so I couldn't. I just formatted the text in Admin to make it fit the template better.