Email Customization

Richard_Olivera
Level 1

Email Customization

I have an abandoned cart campaign that will run a day after a user doesn’t convert. I would like to send out an email (attached) saying purchase your tickets and these are the upcoming games. The problem is that the upcoming games and links need to be updated to reflect the next 3 games dynamically. Is there a way to do that?

Any information would help.

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
JD_Nelson
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Re: Email Customization

Sounds like you'd want Content AI (part of the Real-Time Personalization add-on). The main issue is that you'd always have to remove the games that had already passed as there is no 'schedule' for when it's enabled or not.

If you don't have Content AI (aka Predictive as of yesterday) then you could manage a Snippet of upcoming games and then make sure, daily, that it's up-to-date with the latest games (Content AI would rotate these and find predictive signals to determine which to show).

Richard_Olivera
Level 1

Thanks for the quick response! We do not have Content AI. If we were to use snippets, can they be updated VIA the Marketo API? If so, that would be easy as that all lives in our database and can update it via the API.

In the past we have created a custom field for every person that has Game 1, Game 2, Game 3 and fields for all of the links then using tokens but as you can imagine updating that via a CSV after every game is a very manual process.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

The problem is that the upcoming games and links need to be updated to reflect the next 3 games dynamically. Is there a way to do that?

Yes: use a webhook to fetch the next 3 games into a {{my.token}} daily. Embed that {{my.token}} in your emails.

Alternately: if you have all the games for a season (I'm guessing in you do!) save them in a Velocity (Email Script) token at the top level of your Marketing Activities tree. Then use another Velocity {{my.token}} to always display the next 3 games, using the first token as the data source.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Snippets can be updated via API but that's a lot of wear-and-tear, scheduling cron jobs, etc.

Strongly recommend writing the entire schedule to a variable in a Velocity token. Then you only need to update it if there's an exceptional problem (cancellation).