Email Client Breakdown by deliverability

Adrianne_Vaugha
Level 1

Email Client Breakdown by deliverability

Editing this question since there have been a few people have called out email client vs. email provider as well as the lack of visibility into open rate.  I'm looking for email client breakdowns.  Thanks!

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Currently don't subscribe to Marketo deliverability tool, but looking for industry (or your) benchmarks for deliverability per email client (ie: Outlook 07, Outlook 16, Gmail, etc.).

Does anyone have a good site for industry benchmarks since I'm coming up blank?

Or, is anyone willing to share their email client breakdown?  If you are, can you also provide the industry you're in so I can collect the info?

Appreciate any and all help!

2 REPLIES 2
Jay_Jiang
Level 10

Re: Email Provider Breakdown by deliverability and/or open rate

Not that I have benchmarks but be careful to differentiate between email providers and email clients, i.e. Gmail and the group of Microsoft public mailboxes (outlook.com, hotmail.com) are both email providers and mail clients but Outlook 2016 and its other versions are mail clients which many businesses use but Microsoft may not necessarily be the email provider

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Re: Email Provider Breakdown by deliverability and/or open rate

... open rates per email provider (ie: Outlook 07, Outlook 16, Gmail, etc.).

In addition to Outlook not being an "email provider" as Jay mentions, the Opened Email activity only happens when images are enabled.

They aren't enabled by default in Outlook, but are in Gmail. So the measurement metric is itself flawed as it's heavily skewed toward Gmail.