Re: Email Campaign with PDF

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email Campaign with PDF

Hi, there .... Sending our first email campaign that has a pdf embedded ... am assuming I will need to create a landing page to host this or is there another way? Don't really need/want to design a landing page, nor do I want recipients to have to click multiple times to access the pdf.

Maybe I can embed the pdf as an image? 🙂

thanks!
Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

You can upload the PDF document just like you would an image. Go to the Design Studio and click "Upload Image or File" and follow the process like you normally would.

Marketo will provide the link to the document. Then you will be able to link text or an image in the email directly to to the PDF.
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's great, thank you!

Assuming I could also see who clicked/opened the image/pdf ... just as long as I built in the right filter? Never did this for an image before.

thanks!!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Correct.

You could run a smart list saying:

Clicked link in email
Email is: <<Email>>
Add constraint:  Link: <<PDF>>
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you, one last question ... after i create the smart list as above, can you suggest what filter would go in the 'flow'... looks like i already have 'change status in progress - with 'email with form fillout' ...there's no option to click anything but various form fillout options.... help?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you using a program for all of this? Assuming you are, what channel are you using?

Here is a good article on how to change the available progression steps:
https://community.marketo.com/MarketoTutorial?id=kA250000000KypA

You can scroll down to the section called: Customize (Edit) an Existing Channel

If you are not using a program, you could always create a static list and then have the flow action be "Add to list"

Let me know if you have any other questions.