Email blast was sent with different From and Reply to

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email blast was sent with different From and Reply to

Hi All

We launched an emial blast last week, and we had our from and repoly-to fields within the email as : ["MyCompanyName" <Contact@MycompanyName.com> ] and we sent some test around before sending out the emails and all the tests were OK, but after we launched the emial blast we saw a different result and from and reply-to fields in the emails sent were : [ "Contact" <Contact@MyCompanyName.com> ].

How can we explain this? I want to know how this issue has happend ? and how we can make sure it won happen in future.

Regards

Sepehr

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Email blast was sent with different From and Reply to

Hey Sepehr,

Were you using tokens for the Contact Name and referenced your company name as the default? If so, when you send test emails from the email editor, it will defer to the default values for any token. But if you send an email from the email previewer, you can reference different lists to see how the email will look when they receive it.

If this is not the case, can you proved a screenshot of what the email From, Reply-to, etc looks like?
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree with Jeff... I'd check your tokens (sounds like that's what you're using).

Also, I'm assuming this is just a regular email and doesn't use those fields dynamically?

Kim
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear Jeff and Kim

thank you for the replies, and I am not using any special tokens. I am sending the screen shot for you to better illustrate this. we are using our company name in the From Name.
0EM50000000QrAi.jpg

and this should elliminate any issues as this name should be shown infront of sender's email address once sombody recieves the email right? and it should be Silver Spring Networks <contacts@ ...> and not Contacts <contacts@...> because we havent defined the name Contact anywhere in our email or defult preference anywhere in marketo.

Anonymous
Not applicable

That looks correct to me. I would create a campaign to send yourself the email and see how it renders. While Mkto's testing capabilities are good, sometimes you just need to do an actual blast to yourself to see what is going on. 

Can you let us know how that goes? From your screenshot, it appears that there is no reason for your reps name to show up in the From Name. And yes, Silver Spring Networks should show up first in Outlook. 

Quick question: did you publish this email to Sales Insight?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Jeff .

I am going to email lthe support team now.

Regards
Sepehr