Email Analytics vs. Email Explorer

Anonymous
Not applicable

Email Analytics vs. Email Explorer

I pulled two reports, one from Email Analytics and one from Email Explorer.  The Email Analytics report shows me a total of 171 clicks for 2 emails sent on July 31st. The Email Explorer report shows a total of 225 unique clicks for those same 2 emails sent on July 31st. The Email Analytics program in Marketo doesn't appear to include unique clicks, just "clicks." I would think that the total clicks from this report would be higher than the unique clicks in the Email Explorer report. Can anyone explain this discrepancy please?

Thank you,

Laura

2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Email Analytics vs. Email Explorer

Laura Kimball​ FYI. I moved your post to the Products and Support​ since it related to the Marketo product.

Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Re: Email Analytics vs. Email Explorer

Hi Laura,

If I understand correctly, you are looking at a report in MLM (ie, in the Analytics tab of Marketo) and at a report in Revenue Cycle Explorer. In this case, the way the two calculate results are very different.

This post in the community Re: Explanation of Email Link Performance Data has more information about the Email Performance Report (in the Analytics tab). I would run a smart list of the records that clicked and see what number comes out.