Re: Edits to a module wont’ save

ayaspan
Level 3

Edits to a module wont’ save

Hi.

Working on a clone of an email. I'm trying to edit a series of modules, altering them, changing order etc, and at some point it just pinwheels forever and the edit doesn't save. If I relaod the draft it looks like before I made the latest edits. Absolutely killing my productivity. It'll take my IT hours to look into it. What gives?

2 REPLIES 2
ayaspan
Level 3

Adding that I can change it if I manually type but if I do anything as FAR OUT AND CRAZY as copying the content from one module to another, or, heaven forbid, copying the plain text out of Notebook, the thing freezes up again.

The people who created Marketo PASSIONATELY hate me.

Grace_Brebner3
Level 10

Heya,

This is probably a better one for a Marketo support ticket than for community, but here's some things I'd try:

• Create a net new email asset on the same template, see if you encounter the same issues. This will help you identify if the source of your issues is isolated to just that one asset/the email you cloned it from. If you can't replicate the issues it's likely an isolated bug and you'll want to just work from a net new asset.
  • If you're seeing the same problem, try creating a new asset on a different email template. If you're not getting the same issues, then it's more likely that there's an issue with your template. Check how many emails you have built on that template - sometimes you'll run into issues with templates not behaving when you have too many emails built on them. If you're getting into high counts (generally when you're looking over 1kish) this could be your issue. 
  • If you're seeing the issue across different templates, then it's probably an instance/pod issue. 

Regardless, I would suggest you check these things and then create a support ticket detailing the issue you're having, the attempts you've made to resolve it, and the results of those attempts. If you can provide screenshots/logs/video of the issue it'll likely help. But support will be in a much better position to get to the bottom of your issue than community will be.

Hope that helps.