SOLVED

Re: Editor 2.0 - Editing HTML in RTE

Go to solution
Eitan_Rapps1
Level 4

Editor 2.0 - Editing HTML in RTE

We have a lot of predesigned emails which involve copying HTML into a blank template.

In the old editor I was then able to edit the content as if it was created in Marketo (just double clicking on the RTE box as always). For example, if I wanted to clone an email and change some text and swap the pictures, it was just like doing it for an email built from scratch in Marketo.

However in 2.0 it seems to not be possible - my entire email (text and images included) seems to be a single frozen block that can't be edited.

Is there a way to do this in 2.0?

Eitan Rapps
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Eitan, I'd review the template that you're using to ensure that there are mktEditable tags which make it so that you can edit a section.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hey Eitan, I'd review the template that you're using to ensure that there are mktEditable tags which make it so that you can edit a section.

Eitan_Rapps1
Level 4

Hi Dory, thanks for the quick reply. How do I go about finding them and how do I add them if they're missing?

Eitan Rapps
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Within the template (or HTML of the email that you're working on) you should be able to find tags that look like:

<div class="mktEditable" id="Name">

</div>

If you don't have any of these, then you won't be able to edit the email.

To add them, just add the class to the div and give it an id.

It's possible that your previous templates didn't use a unique ID (id field above), and if I recall correctly, this can cause issues in 2.0.

Eitan_Rapps1
Level 4

I'm not such an HTML person but if I understand correctly, the <div class="mktEditable" id="Name"> tag has to be before the content and the closing </div> tag must be at the very end of the email (before the closing </body> tag?

Also, does it matter what the id name and/or mktoname is? Does it need to be unique for each email or can it just be a standard value for all of my emails (which would allow me to give our HTML designer this line of text to add to every email she designs from now on)?

Thanks for the help!

Eitan Rapps
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

The id doesn't matter, but should be unique to each section. Your HTML designer should have a pretty good idea of where to add the tag, but depending on what level of control you're looking for in the template then there should likely be multiple sections with this tag (and unique ids). The closing end tag goes before the next opening div tag.

All in all, your HTML designer should understand this. Basically, they're just tagging any div that you want to be able to edit with a class of "mktEditable".

Eitan_Rapps1
Level 4

Great, thanks!

Eitan Rapps