Editing the body of an email in an engagement stream, exhausted content leads disappeared, why?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Editing the body of an email in an engagement stream, exhausted content leads disappeared, why?

Hi Folks,

I de-activated an email in a stream, edited it, approved it and then re-activated it.

Now my Exhausted alert has disappeared. There were ~1200 exhausted leads before this edit to the email in the stream.

Does this mean:

1. That Marketo thinks I have added a new email and that those ~1200 will get that email again?

2. That this is just a fluke of Marketo and I have nothing to worry about? Can anyone point me to a doc that explains this phenomenon?

Thanks!

Kris

1 REPLY 1
Jessica_Kao3
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Editing the body of an email in an engagement stream, exhausted content leads disappeared, why?

Marketo bases whether a person received an email in the engagement stream based on the email ID, as long as that hasn't changed, they will not receive that email again.  If you clone it, then it gets a new email ID so depending on what you did but it sounds like you did not create a new email.