Editing Smart Campaign

Anonymous
Not applicable

Editing Smart Campaign

How can I edit a smart campaign without affecting triggered aspects of the campaign? Is there a way to pause the campaign, edit, and then resume?
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Editing Smart Campaign

Hi - you can change triggers at any time, and Marketo will just pick up the changes. If you do want it to stop triggering while you work out changes, the only way to do this is to deactivate the trigger in the schedule tab, make the changes, then reactivating the trigger.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the answer Veronica. I am new to Marketo as you can probably tell 🙂
I'm afraid I didn't explain the issue properly - I meant to ask about changing Flow stages during a campaign. This was done and the campaign was paused, I received the following notification:

"Flow step 3 (Add to SFDC Campaign) was edited while the campaign was running. The rest of the Smart Campaign was stopped. "

Can a flow step be edited while the campaign is running?
Veronica_Holme4
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Hi - was this a batch campaign that was halfway through running when you made this change? If so yes, the campaign will abort. You can schedule it to run again, but ensure that you have the campaign settings set to "leads can only flow through the flow once" so nobody gets the same smart campaign twice when you run it again.
Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Hi Eitan,

Yes, you can make changes to an Active Campaign, and the changes you make take effect immediately.