Editing a form that's in use on landing pages

Anonymous
Not applicable

Editing a form that's in use on landing pages

Recently, our company made the decision to change the Company Size field from a text field to an integer field. This involved removing that field from all assets (forms, smart lists, etc) in order to change the field type. I checked a couple landing pages, and the updated form was showing correctly without any further requirements.

After updating the field type, I'm going through each form and adding the field back in. It seems that the newly added-back field only shows in a draft version of the landing page, and not on the approved pages. Does this seem right? I don't understand why I have to go in and approve every landing page (there are many associated with each of the forms I need to add the company size field back to). 

To further complicate the issue, the form has moved on some of the landing page drafts (the top half of the form is hanging off the top of the page and therefore not visible on the landing page). The only change I made to the form was adding a field, so I don't know why the form itself would move on the landing page.

Please help!!! This has turned out to be way more work than we anticipated!!!
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Editing a form that's in use on landing pages

Hi Amanda,

So a couple of things to discuss here:
Landing Page Approvals-
Any asset that you change on a landing page, in this case a form, is going to throw that Landing Page into draft mode.  You would have to approve it again to get it to appear on the approved copy.  They do this just to make sure you don't edit landing pages and have them all push to live without approving.
If you go to the landing page tab, you can select multiple landing pages at one time and approve them all in one go.  Might help speed things up for you.

Movement of the form:
That's interesting that the form may have moved.  Unless the field was changed in length or the form/code was updated dramatically, it shouldn't change on the page.  That being said...odder things have happened.  It sounds like unfortunately it might be best to just update the form into the correct area and approve again.  Its always good to test all of your landing pages not on different browsers (and for that matter resolutions) as they will render differently across them.

A number of individuals will probably comment as well on how you should have a single form for multiple landing pages as this might help not having to update multiple forms in the future.  

Hope that helps!
Anonymous
Not applicable

Michael - You're a genius. I didn't even know there was a landing page tab!

And yes, I know we shouldn't have so many forms - I inherited this issue and was worried that switching over to one form would result in some wackiness from alert or lead scoring campaigns that are associated with specific ones. Having said that, if I'm going to spend this much time on it right now, may as well solve the problem for the future.

Thank you again for your help.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Amanda,

Glad I could help!  Best of luck with your updates.