Edit filter logic on engagement stream transition rules?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Edit filter logic on engagement stream transition rules?

Hello,

I'm setting up transition rules for my engagement streams and I'm not able to click the "Use ALL filters" button to change it. I click on and around the area but it doesn't respond at all.

I would like to be able to select "Use advanced filters" so that I can plug in some logic for the filters. Is this possible?

Screen Shot 2015-07-16 at 12.31.09 PM.png

Thanks in advance!

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Edit filter logic on engagement stream transition rules?

Advanced filters only becomes an option after you've added at least three filters into your smart list. Do you have the filters already added?

(Also note that advanced filters only apply to filters, not to triggers.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kristen,

Thanks for the quick reply! I actually have 4 filters on the smart list and the filter button still isn't clickable.

Screen Shot 2015-07-16 at 1.23.04 PM.png

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Ashley Riddle ,

I actually don't believe you can have advanced filters in transition rules for engagement programs/nurture streams. A workaround to this would be to create your advanced filters in a separate smart list and add a filter for "Member of Smart List" below your trigger.

Hope that helps!

Alex_Stanton1
Level 9 - Champion Alumni

Ashley, Wintha Kelati​ is absolutely right. I thought you were using an external campaign for your transitions, in which case this would be an odd behavior.

Anonymous
Not applicable

If that's the case, you may want to consider using smart campaigns to manage your transitions between streams with the Change Engagement Program Stream flow action. I like doing that instead because it's easier to see results and troubleshoot too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok. I was hoping to not have to create separate smart campaigns, but it sounds like that's my only option. Thanks for the feedback!