Re: Edit a token's date/time format

Trevor_Sparks
Level 2

Edit a token's date/time format

I'd like to use the token "lead.Acquisition Date" in an email. However, this token also includes the time (example: 2015-10-13 02:23:56). Can I edit this token to remove the time? Or is there a way to create a new token that pulls in the acquisition date without the time?

Tags (2)
4 REPLIES 4
John_Clark1
Level 10

Hi Trevor,

Tokens are just reflections of the fields on a lead record.  It would be the field you'd need to edit, or you can create a custom field (which would then have a custom token {{lead.(field Name)}}).  With a custom field, you could populate it as you choose and then use the token to place that data in your emails/landing pages.

John

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Trevor,

From what I understand, it will take a new feature called Munchtions. That very few people had a chance to see 🙂

See this : Re: Localize Date Format from Tokens

-Greg

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

If it's to be used in an email you can use a script token.

Date Format Velocity Script

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Munchtions would be a great fit for this problem. But now they are discontinued.

If you are still looking to solve this or similar problem, you can still do it using webhooks and a custom field to store the date without time in Marketo.

You can write your own web hook or use one of the web hook libraries on Marketo LaunchPoint.

DIY webhooks library for Marketo - Marketo LaunchPoint – Marketo LaunchPoint

can be useful here.

Particularly, this web hook from Web Hook Library  can be useful

Rajesh