Easily Mark Salesforce Campaigns that Sync with Marketo

Anonymous
Not applicable

Easily Mark Salesforce Campaigns that Sync with Marketo

Can you think of any easy way to identify the Salesforce Campaigns that are actively syncing with Marketo? We often use Marketo to setup a program and choose to sync that with Salesforce. We also have other Campaigns in Salesforce that have no relationship with Marketo.

Is there any way to flag the ones in Salesforce that sync with Marketo? Only thing I can think of is to leverage the Type field and only use Type values from Marketo for Marketo campaigns and come up with other Types for the internal ones. Would be nice to have something more explicit, though.
Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Easily Mark Salesforce Campaigns that Sync with Marketo

You could create a Workflow rule that sets a value (checkbox, picklist, etc.) whenever Marketo is the one that creates a Campaign, as long as you have a separate Marketo user.
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I would name it with "mkto" on part of the name. You could also add a checkbox to be filled in, or automatic as Jason suggests.
Anonymous
Not applicable

We don't use a specific Marketo user, so that's out, but maybe a naming convention could do it. Or just mark it immediately after we link it up. Would be nice if Marketo marked it for me, but this will work. 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your idea on the types would work too. You wouldn't want to have to duplicate types just for this though. The naming convention might be your best bet if you can't implement the workflow suggested.