SOLVED

Re: E-mail 2.0 - mktEditable/mktoText Areas Within Modules

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

E-mail 2.0 - mktEditable/mktoText Areas Within Modules

I'm building out some e-mail 2.0 templates that include modules. One of those modules is a standard paragraph that contains a mktEditable/mktoText editor, so that they can insert links wherever the like within the paragraph, but I'd like to allow users to insert more than one of these if they'd like to. (A paragraph module, any other module, and then, if they want to, another [or even several more] paragraph module[s].)

This article in the product docs section seems to indicate that the id associated with each mktEditable/mktoText editable section needs to be unique, but if I use it within a module it may exist several times within a given e-mail. I tried it yesterday and there weren't any issues. I could duplicate the paragraph module and place different text in each paragraph. I sent a test (but not an actual batch or triggered send yet) and it worked fine.

Am I interpreting what's written correctly? That this shouldn't work or that I shouldn't be doing this within the templates?

If I am interpreting this correctly/shouldn't be building our templates this way, how can I can include a module that contains a WYSIWYG editor and that can be used numerous times within a given e-mail?

Like I said, this seems to work fine, but I want to avoid any sort of blowup/issue.

Here's an example of what I mean, if that helps at all:

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%" class="mktoContainer" id="mktoContainer">

<tr class="mktoModule" mktoName="Paragraph - Left Aligned" id="mktoModuleParagraphLeft">

<td align="left" style="color:#000000; font-size:13px; font-family: Arial, sans-serif; padding: 20px 20px 0 20px;" class="mktEditable" id="UniqueIDHere">Left aligned paragraph. Ideal length is around thirty words. Keeping them to thirty words or less means there's sufficient white-space on mobile. E-mails do not become a wall of text.</td>

</tr>

</table>

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Osman,

Yes, this is perfectly correct. When a user clones the module in the actual email, the ID "UniqueIDHere" will be incremented with a number, to create multiple ID's each different from the others.

Also keep in mind that when the email is saved, the content is saved to the database with this ID as an identifier.

-Greg

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Osman,

Yes, this is perfectly correct. When a user clones the module in the actual email, the ID "UniqueIDHere" will be incremented with a number, to create multiple ID's each different from the others.

Also keep in mind that when the email is saved, the content is saved to the database with this ID as an identifier.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks, Grégoire! Very helpful as always!

Am I misreading the content of that article then, or is that simply missing from the product documentation?

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

HI Osman,

I feel this precision is just missing from the doc.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I read through again and there's really no mention of that point, so I submitted some feedback through the "how can we improve this article" mail-to link at the foot of the page.

Thanks again for the help, Grégoire! Greatly appreciated!