Dynamic Unsubscribe Footers

Jason_Krall4
Level 2

Dynamic Unsubscribe Footers

We recently acquired a company and are in the process of moving them into our Marketo instance.  I have set them up in a separate partition. The default unsubscribe link was set up for my original company with branding on the Unsubscribe page for company A.  

I have created a field for Company A & Company B's address based upon the partition.  I am using this field to populate the token for the address in the unsub footer.  This address populates correctly when I run a campaign.

My issue is the Unsubscribe link.  It was originally set up for Company A's branding. Can I set up a customized link for each partition using a separate Unsubscribe page created in each partition? Is this possible? 

My thoughts include: 1. Setting up a separate landing page with Company B's branding for the unsubscribe link, 2. Creating a new field for the system with the hyperlink to the unsubscribe page listed, based upon the partition they are in and 3. Setting a token in the Unsub footer which sends them to that specific page.  

Is there an easier way? and if not, what am I missing by doing this? Please note that the default for both tokens would be my default address and link for Company A.  Thanks
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dynamic Unsubscribe Footers

Hey Jason 🙂 Hope you're well. 

Have you considered using dynamic content on your unsubscribe page? It might be easier to run it that way with a segment for Company A & Company B. Then just change the branding on the unsub page dependent on that.

Adam
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Adam's solution works well, but it might depend on where the unsub page is in the Workspaces.

Why wouldn't you try using snippets in your emails and point them to the right page based on the field partition value?
Jason_Krall4
Level 2

Thanks for the responses, and good to chat Adam.

Adam, I considered your option but segmentations would need to cross both workspaces and I was thinking of keeping them completely separate correct?

Josh, with tons of emails I would need to go back and customize a significant amount of triggered emails and would be a tedious process, plus at an enterprise level I need to make sure that all of my email creators are following opt-out best practices and wonder if they might remove the snippet.

I will try both ways and my thought and will report back my findings.  A customizable(partition/Workspace) based footer would work wonders for Enterprises such as mine...hint* hint*