SOLVED

Re: dynamic landing page for whitepapers

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

dynamic landing page for whitepapers

I'm gating my whitepapers with Marketo landing pages and forms in order to generate leads, however I've realised from a user experience perspective it would be very annoying to need to fill out a form for every whitepaper. Is there a way of setting up the landing pages so that the user is immediately brought to the whitepaper if they have subsequently filled out a form on the website and been 'captured' as a lead by Marketo?

Any help would be welcome!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Eoin,

You can use a feature that enables you to display a custom html instead of the form when the lead is known. This is available from the form settings:

pastedImage_0.png

In the custom HTML, you can just the link to the PDF.

-Greg

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Eoin,

You can use a feature that enables you to display a custom html instead of the form when the lead is known. This is available from the form settings:

pastedImage_0.png

In the custom HTML, you can just the link to the PDF.

-Greg

Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

I would love to see this functionality at the landing page level, rather than the form level - specifically when a single "gated content form" is used for all types of content/programs.

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Dan,

Fully agree. Log the idea, I'll vote

-Greg

Andy_Varshneya1
Level 9

That's essentially the reason why I haven't implemented it this idea yet, though you could always customize the URL in the custom HTML via a program level token.

I guess I don't have an excuse to not have implemented this then

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Andy, could you go into more detail on using the program-level token to customize the URL? It sounds interesting!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

Hi Eoin,

When you share the form between multiple programs, as this setting is done at form level, you cannot have a different PDF document URL for each program. Unless you define a token, for instance PDFDocURL, in the program. Then, in the form, when you define the custom HTML that shows up for known leads, you can use something such as <a href="{{my.PDFDocURL}}">Link text</a>. On producing the LP, Marketo will replace the {{my.PDFDocURL}} by the value you have given to it at the program; each program having a different value.

See here: https://docs.marketo.com/display/public/DOCS/Understanding+My+Tokens+in+a+Program  to learn more about program tokens.

-Greg

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Gregoire!

Grégoire_Miche2
Level 10

You are welcome

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

i am really new to Marketo and am wanting to set up exactly what you are discussing. How exactly do you create a campaign so someone can request a whitepaper? I have 10 different pdfs that i want them to be able to choose from. Do I have to set up 10 different forms and landing pages so that they link to the 10 different documents or can you do it all in 1 form somehow?

Is there a Marketo Learning docs link you can refer me to for a step by step of how to set up this campaign?

Thanks, Lisa