SOLVED

Re: Dynamic Content

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic Content

Word of warning...  Before creating a dynamic content campaign, be sure that your Sales Force team doesn't want each and every email available in different languages in Sales Insight.  These dynamic content campaigns do not segment properly in Sales Insight, and it is a daunting task to go back and re-create everything in a separate language after the fact.  Lesson Learned.  No more dynamic content campaigns!
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Angela,

It's true that dynamic content is not supported in emails sent via Sales Insight, sorry you had to find out the hard way.

One option I like to suggest is the creation of a request campaign in Marketo. Create a new camapign in Marketo with the trigger "Campaign is Requested (Marketo Sales Insight)" and the flow will just be to send the email containing the dynamic content.

Now in Salesforce rather than selecting the send Marketo email option your sales team will select Add to Marketo Campaign. This sends the lead/contact into the trigger campaign and as the email is sent from your Marketo instance the dynamic content is applied as appropriate.

One issue is that your sales team won't be able to preview or edit the email before it is sent. And you will also have to name the campaign very clearly so that it's obvious for the sales team what email will be sent.

Regards,
Cathal

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Angela,

It's true that dynamic content is not supported in emails sent via Sales Insight, sorry you had to find out the hard way.

One option I like to suggest is the creation of a request campaign in Marketo. Create a new camapign in Marketo with the trigger "Campaign is Requested (Marketo Sales Insight)" and the flow will just be to send the email containing the dynamic content.

Now in Salesforce rather than selecting the send Marketo email option your sales team will select Add to Marketo Campaign. This sends the lead/contact into the trigger campaign and as the email is sent from your Marketo instance the dynamic content is applied as appropriate.

One issue is that your sales team won't be able to preview or edit the email before it is sent. And you will also have to name the campaign very clearly so that it's obvious for the sales team what email will be sent.

Regards,
Cathal
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks - that's an interesting work-around.  I appreciate the discussion on this.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is it still true that snippets are not supported in Sales Insight?

Anonymous
Not applicable

This feature is a critical item as there is a need in my business, and many others as well, to send one email with varying bits of content depending on the phone call that a representative has with a client. I know that campaigns can be used in this fashion, but then the sender does not know exactly what they will be sending.