Re: Dynamic content depending on the name of the recipient

Odette_Herbert
Level 1

Dynamic content depending on the name of the recipient

Hello,

We would like to send an email to our resellers with the list of their own clients inside.

There is about 60 resellers so I was thinking about dynamic content.

When the reseller A receive the email, he sees a section with the list of his clients (clients A)

When the reseller B receive the email, he sees a section with the list of his clients (clients B)

Do you know if it's possible with dynamic contents and how I can set up that ?

Thank you in advance

Odette

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

So there are a couple of options here.  The best way to do this is with email scripting.  With email scripting you can use script logic to understand who the recipient and then go through your database, perhaps a custom object, and create a list of all customers and place that into the email.  To get an overview of this technique, please see developers.marketo.com

The other way would be to make a segmentation in your lead database with 60 slices for your 60 partners and change the email for each segment in the email itself.

Anonymous
Not applicable

As Jamie suggested, email scripting along with custom object to store the customers for each reseller might be the way to go.

I guess these list of customers for each reseller will be dynamic. In other words, if you send the same email today, and 1 month later, the list of customers would be different for each reseller. Is that right?

Then one of your task is how to get the 'reseller's customer records' in the custom object. And then use them in the email scripting. Where does that data exist today? You will have to find a way to get that data in custom object in Marketo first.

Segmentation based on reseller name does not sound like the best use of segmentation.

Rajesh Talele

Odette_Herbert
Level 1

Thank you for your help !