Dynamic Charts in Email?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic Charts in Email?

Is there any way to incorporate dynamic data into a chart format? For example, we'd like to include a simple graph comparing previous performance to performance once they begin advertising. We currently express this info in prose format and are wondering if it's possible to do as an image if we were to upload the data for each person we plan to mail.

6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Dynamic Charts in Email?

I have done this a few different ways

1)  I used google charts to create an API and dynamically creat a chart within my email.

2)  I uploaded links to the images and stored them in a marketo field, then called them in a token.

Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Hi Jamie Can you share more details on how you used Google Charts API? Would be great if you can share some sample.

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Hey Alok,

I don't know if Jamie's talking about Google's Image Charts API, which still works AFAIK, even though it's deprecated and could go away.

An actively supported alternative is ChartURL​.

Alok_Ramsisaria
Level 10

Thanks, Sanford. I will explore this ahead.    

Anonymous
Not applicable

Is anyone still able to use this? If so, is it a scalable solution to dynamically create charts for over 1mil records and then email them out in a Marketo template?

SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Sure, it works fine. Vastly scalable. You're billed based on the number of people who actually download the image (i.e. open your email with images enabled) by the way. So you can generate 1MM unique URLs but that's isn't the same as 1MM charts rendered. Depends on open rate.