SOLVED

Re: Duplicate mailing address

Go to solution
Travis_Schwartz
Level 4

Duplicate mailing address

I was curious if anyone knew of a way of identifying people who lived at the same mailing address.

We are looking to identify members of the same household and thought of trying be address to see what results we would get. When I add the address field there are no constraints of looking for duplicate values or anything like that. and everything I've found online has just been about duplicate email addresses and we want mailing/residence address information.

Has anyone had any luck or experience with this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Josh_Pickles
Level 7

Hi Travis,

Your best bet is to export a list of contact details and run a VLookup query within Excel.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Josh_Pickles
Level 7

Hi Travis,

Your best bet is to export a list of contact details and run a VLookup query within Excel.

Travis_Schwartz
Level 4

Yeah... thats our backup method. we were really hoping to be able to do it in Marketo if possible as the export will take a long time with a lot of records.

Josh_Pickles
Level 7

I totally get that. 

There is the Duplicate Fields filter, but it's restrictive in terms of what information it does allow to pull duplicates on. You *could* attempt to pull similar insights by referencing duplicates on surname, but there's still a lot of manual work involved where it'd be easier to export and run a VLookup. 

Sorry I couldn't really help much further on that one - there's not really much the Marketo interface will allow us to do in this area.

Travis_Schwartz
Level 4

Thanks. We will probably end up exporting, creating out list, and uploading back in as a static list.

Josh_Pickles
Level 7

No worries. That sounds like a good plan and pretty much how I'd tackle it. 

Don't forget to mark the question as answered if I've helped out. It makes it easier for searching purposes down the road for others with the same question