SOLVED

Re: Duplicate Leads won't Merge

Go to solution
daynarod
Level 2

Duplicate Leads won't Merge

Hello,

I am in the process of merging some duplicate leads. It's giving me a system error and showing the three conflicting fields: 

- add to marketo campaign

- Deal ID 

- Photo URL

It ends with System error, cannot merge. If you have any ideas, please let me know.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
avictor
Level 2

Re: Duplicate Leads won't MergeA

Are these records synced to CRM? These issues tend to occur when you trying to merge an SFDC Lead and an SFDC contact. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Cory_Gabor1
Level 4

Hi @daynarod - can you add a screenshot of the exact error you're receiving? That will be helpful in determining the issue here. 

Thanks,

Cory Gabor

Marketing Consultant 

LeadMD

daynarod
Level 2

Screen Shot 2020-04-01 at 8.55.45 AM.png Here is the error message. It's happening on specific dates like this 

avictor
Level 2

Re: Duplicate Leads won't MergeA

Are these records synced to CRM? These issues tend to occur when you trying to merge an SFDC Lead and an SFDC contact. 

Najla
Level 1

How can I solve this, in Marketo, both records appear as SFDC contacts but they still don't merge. Should I do the merge in salesforce?

Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor

Per the linked post in the end of this message, one possible reason due to which you're not able to merge the CRM synced records in Marketo could be due to the sync user's profile settings in the SFDC (do you see any error message when you try to merge records in Marketo?). As a rule of thumb, if all SFDC fields are not synced to Marketo then it is recommended to merge records in the SFDC so any field conflicts could be addressed. This is a good blog post to refer for understanding the dynamics of merging. 🙂