SOLVED

Duplicate leads with different email ending, .ru/.com

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Duplicate leads with different email ending, .ru/.com

Hi,

I have come across loads of cases in our database where I have leads with nearly the exact same email address. For example, karen@email.ru and karen@email.com
After doing some investigating i have found out that in some cases these email addresses are for the same person and they are both active mailboxes but the user just happens to have two emails for the same company.

My worry is that we could be sending emails to both of these mailboxes as they are seen as different lead accounts in Marketo. 

Has anybody else experienced this? Please share some advise on how you handle this in your database.

Thanks 🙂
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Duplicate leads with different email ending, .ru/.com

Hi Josh,

Thank you. I will look into those suggested tools.
It is easy to find the dupes in the database but it becomes messy if we try to eliminate one email from meeting the smart list criteria because most of the time the records are nearly identical.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Josh_Hill13
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Yes, it is possible to send the same email to both addresses -- assuming both records qualify for the same campaign.

You should get a tool like RingLead or Demand Tools to help automate the deduping process. Marketo won't be able to dedupe these automatically.

You could also run a dedupe list with the duplicate filter by Email and Last Name or Company to find people.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Josh,

Thank you. I will look into those suggested tools.
It is easy to find the dupes in the database but it becomes messy if we try to eliminate one email from meeting the smart list criteria because most of the time the records are nearly identical.