Dueling cookies - any solution?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dueling cookies - any solution?

Let's say I have an existing cookie - and the data in that cookie is junk.  But I have a list that contains good information/fields and I want to have you update your Marketo record.  What I don't have is informaton that maps the bad cookie data to a particular customer record.

Example: Chris fils out a form - he puts in asdf asdf for First Name/Last Name.  Now, I have a Marketo record, but I don't know it is Chris.

So I create a separate list with the correct data - so I fill ing Chris' First Name/Last Name/email etc.  And now I email him a link to click on.

What I want to happen here is that he clicks on the link, and his Marketo cookie gets updated to with the right data. 

What does happen is that I can see the link in the email get clicked on (under Chris' name) and then I see that asdf asdf visited the actual webpage - meaning that we didn't see any update of the field values.

Anybody have any ideas how I can get this to happen?  One idea we're playing around with is constructing the email link to include variables for First Name, etc using Tokens.  Then do an invisible form submit before sending them to the content.

I know this is a strange one - any thoughts appreciated.
Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Neil_Robertson6
Level 5

Re: Dueling cookies - any solution?

We are having the exact same issue.  There seems to be no way to "refresh" cookies in this instance