SOLVED

Re: Download Templates to Import in Another Instance

Go to solution
Yan_Hristov
Level 2

Download Templates to Import in Another Instance

Hi guys,

Not sure if this has been discussed before but I couldn't find any posts.

We have this client for whom we just completed implementation. It's all very nice and neat - channels, tags, program templates, etc. Now I am thinking, is there a way for me to download or somehow save this setup for future imports into a new instance so I don't have to bother with the customs setup again? Probably far-fetched by would still like to understand if possible and if not, why.

Cheers!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Priyank_Joshi3
Level 6

Hi Yan,

You would need to reach out to Marketo support team so that they can connect 2 Marketo instance for you to import programs from one instance to another. Don't forget to share account id with support team so that it's easy for their understanding. 

From my recent experience I'd also like to share if your emails/landing pages are using snippets with them, you would not be able to get those assets imported. In order to import assets which are using snippets, make sure you remove the snippets first and re-create snippet in target instance> Import programs with assets> update assets with snippets in target instance. I understand it a bit time consuming process but, that's the only solution which I was able to find so far. 

Thanks!

Priyank

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Priyank_Joshi3
Level 6

Hi Yan,

You would need to reach out to Marketo support team so that they can connect 2 Marketo instance for you to import programs from one instance to another. Don't forget to share account id with support team so that it's easy for their understanding. 

From my recent experience I'd also like to share if your emails/landing pages are using snippets with them, you would not be able to get those assets imported. In order to import assets which are using snippets, make sure you remove the snippets first and re-create snippet in target instance> Import programs with assets> update assets with snippets in target instance. I understand it a bit time consuming process but, that's the only solution which I was able to find so far. 

Thanks!

Priyank

Yan_Hristov
Level 2

Thanks @Priyank_Joshi3  Do you know if this would cost me a fee?

Priyank_Joshi3
Level 6

Connecting multiple Marketo instance is free 🙂  @Yan_Hristov