SOLVED

Download a document through autoresponder email

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Download a document through autoresponder email

Hello,

I'm create an landing page that after any prospects fill out the form,  they will receive an autoresponder email with a download link.

I have two questions, one is how can I create the download link in the autoresponder email. The other is where I can upload the document in Marketo.

Thanks!
Becky

Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Download a document through autoresponder email

Hi Becky, 

Go to Design Studio > Images and Files to upload your file. 

Then you can get the File URL and link to it in your auto-responder email, just as you would create any other link. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Becky, 

Go to Design Studio > Images and Files to upload your file. 

Then you can get the File URL and link to it in your auto-responder email, just as you would create any other link. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Justin! Do you know how can I create the link that only for one-time download? What is the token I should look for?
Anonymous
Not applicable

Becky.

1) Go into Design studio and click in the Images and Files icon.
2) Go find your PDF
3) Click on the PDF asset and that should show you a hyperlink to the PDF.
4) Copy that link and hyperlink  "Download Now" copy within your autoresponder per what Justin said.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Jeff, I did that! But I also looking for a solution to creat a one-time download link / token. Do you know which token i should look into? And how to edit the uploaded asset's hyperlink? Thanks!
Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

Hi Becky! I don't think you can offer one-time downloads using Marketo content. You most likely will have to use a service like HighTail (or you could even use SFDC content) to generate a one-time link - the problem being you'd have to create a new link for everyone who downloads the email. I could be wrong, and if anyone has other suggestions, I'd love to hear them! This would be useful.
Jenn_DiMaria2
Level 10

The asset's hyperlink is just the name of the file, so make sure you name it what you'd like people to see!
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

@Becky B I second @Jenn that Marketo doesn't support expiring links.

I would add that creating literal ONE-time downloads isn't a good practice.  With the amount of mobile traffic now you are guaranteed to have people who click the link but never actually get the file, and then they're out of luck. This has happened to me as a customer and it's really frustrating.  I would say a three-time download (like the second two attempts within 4 hours of the first attempt) is more user-friendly.