SOLVED

Don't want to declare Winner A/B Testing

Go to solution
Woody
Level 2

Don't want to declare Winner A/B Testing

Hi team,

I have a bit of a problematic case here cause I wasn't thinking ahead.

Is there a way I can declare a winner without sending it?
If I don't declare the winner, would there be any problem (I'm happy to leave it like that, just not sure if it would cause anything)?

If I choose to abort the program now, what would happen? Does it cause any problem to the reporting?

Basically, I ran an A/B test and am declaring the winner manually. Still, I noticed when I try to declare the winner, I will have to fill in the schedule to send it out as well but I don't want to send it out.

For the rest of the audience who haven't received the email, I want to make some changes to the winner and create another email campaign to send it instead so the stat in original A/B testing can stay like how they are at the moment.

Thanks so much guys!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Re: Don't want to declare Winner A/B Testing

Choosing the Manual option to declare the winner will send the test out and wait for you to declare a winner. You will receive a report of the results on the set test end date/time in the AB test configuration window (see the snapshot below).

Darshil_Shah1_0-1676522484320.png

I don't think the program would perform any sends without you declaring the winner and setting the winner set date/time. Check out the AB test documentation on the experience league that also says the same. IMO it's usually best to manually set up the AB test using the default program (using the random sample condition) in case you'd like to do some customizations out of what the OOTB email send program offers. Marketo won't stop capturing the email engagement data if you abort the program now, but I won't suggest doing so and instead allow the test duration to get completed.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Darshil_Shah1
Level 10 - Community Advisor + Adobe Champion

Choosing the Manual option to declare the winner will send the test out and wait for you to declare a winner. You will receive a report of the results on the set test end date/time in the AB test configuration window (see the snapshot below).

Darshil_Shah1_0-1676522484320.png

I don't think the program would perform any sends without you declaring the winner and setting the winner set date/time. Check out the AB test documentation on the experience league that also says the same. IMO it's usually best to manually set up the AB test using the default program (using the random sample condition) in case you'd like to do some customizations out of what the OOTB email send program offers. Marketo won't stop capturing the email engagement data if you abort the program now, but I won't suggest doing so and instead allow the test duration to get completed.

Woody
Level 2

Yeah, makes sense. I won't abort the program them.

The test duration has completed. I was just worried if there would be any bad effects from me not declaring the winner. But yeah, should be all good then