SOLVED

Re: Does the 'operational' channel have any special meaning?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the 'operational' channel have any special meaning?

We have several legacy programs that were set up as an "operational" channel - not sure why, as they aren't internal, but are production, customer facing programs, like a website lead capture.  So, a more appropriate channel type would be 'website'

Does the channel type 'operational' have any special meaning within Marketo? The way an 'operational' email has a special meaning?

thx.
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi David, Marketo shouldn't do anything differently just because the channel of a program is operational. If you're seeing sync issues, I'd look at the progressions/flow steps associated with those programs to ensure that the program is changing the things that you want changed. This can impact whether or not something is synced to SFDC.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Edward_Masson
Level 10

Its for the admin of Marketo who needs to run programs and smart campaigns to change data, correct things etc. And you can seprate Operational programs from Marketing programs in reports. One where progression is not importan in a Program,

If your marketing guys are using them for campaigns they should be prevented from doing that or explained to not use them for that purpose.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I understand what "operational" means in terms of purpose, but does Marketo do anything different with programs that are tagged as "operational" ?

When a program is tagged as "operational," does Marketo interpret that? Or is that simply left for the admin to interpret?

We're seeing some weird SFDC synch issues with some programs tagged "operational" and I'm trying to understand if it has anything to do with the channel type.
Dory_Viscoglio
Level 10

Hi David, Marketo shouldn't do anything differently just because the channel of a program is operational. If you're seeing sync issues, I'd look at the progressions/flow steps associated with those programs to ensure that the program is changing the things that you want changed. This can impact whether or not something is synced to SFDC.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Dory - looking at that too.  Was just curious why production programs would have been tagged "operational."