SOLVED

Does the 'Acquisition Program' at the end of the list import process put the leads into that program?

Go to solution
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does the 'Acquisition Program' at the end of the list import process put the leads into that program?

Does the 'Acquisition Program' at the end of the list import process put the leads into that program? I thought this field was just flagging it as the program "source" for the lead, but I have reason to believe it actually put the leads in the list into that engagement program. Wondering
Tags (1)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Dan_Stevens_
Level 10 - Champion Alumni

Re: Does the 'Acquisition Program' at the end of the list import process put the leads into that program?

Yes it will - and it will assign progam membership with the first program status of that program's channel.  Any time we import lists, we leave Acquisition Program as "NONE" (unless we're manually uploading event attendees).  Afterall, the lead didn't enter Marketo on their own will.  We then include a flow step in any smart campaign that is indicative of a response, e.g., "fills out form", that essentially does the following:

Change Data Value
If "Acquistion Program Name" is empty
ATTRIBUTE: "Acquisition Program" NEW VALUE: [Program Name]

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Dan_Stevens_

Re: Does the 'Acquisition Program' at the end of the list import process put the leads into that program?

Yes it will - and it will assign progam membership with the first program status of that program's channel.  Any time we import lists, we leave Acquisition Program as "NONE" (unless we're manually uploading event attendees).  Afterall, the lead didn't enter Marketo on their own will.  We then include a flow step in any smart campaign that is indicative of a response, e.g., "fills out form", that essentially does the following:

Change Data Value
If "Acquistion Program Name" is empty
ATTRIBUTE: "Acquisition Program" NEW VALUE: [Program Name]
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the confirmation Dan.

Unfortunately since I put the engagement program as the acquisition program, it put the leads into the first stream of the engagement program. I had a separate triggered campaign that I expected to put the leads into the correct streams (not just the first one) based on the list they were just added to, but that didn't work since it said the leads were already a part of the engagement program. 

I didn't notice there was a "none" option. I feel Marketo shouldn't make it a requried field. That would make more logical sense to me. 
Dan_Stevens_

You should be able to fix this.  Just create a smart campaign with the following smart list and flow step:

0EM50000000Sgm2.jpg
You can add an additional constraint (Stream) if you want, to the Member of Engagement Program filter.

0EM50000000Sgm7.jpg
Select your EP from the drop-down and select new status to "Not in Program"

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Dan!