Does "Clicked Link in Email" apply to video thumbnails?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Does "Clicked Link in Email" apply to video thumbnails?

We have an engagement nurture campaign with two streams.  Our transition rules pull users to the second stream based on a "clicked link in email" trigger.  Each email in the campaign features a video thumbnail.  We've placed the thumbnails using Wistia's native email embed code. 

My problem is that I can see how many people have viewed the video on the Wistia side, so I know how many users have clicked that link in our email, but the same information is not being recorded by Marketo.  What did we do wrong?  How do I tell Marketo to record clicks on a video thumbnail link?  
Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Does "Clicked Link in Email" apply to video thumbnails?

Here's a good discussion on this if you haven't already seen:
http://community.marketo.com/MarketoIdeaDetail?id=08750000000Hj9qAAC

I would consider using your own image of the embed to track the "click" in an old fashioned way, but maybe others have a more clever way to doing this.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply, Grant.  I had read this thread previously, hopefully more robust integration is still in the pipeline. 

But so, the issue here is that Marketo will only track a thumbnail click if the image is hosted on Marketo's servers?  

If support could explain how Marketo tracks user clicks on emails that would be helpful.  
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think regardless of the anchor image, marketo puts a tracking code on the hyperlink url itself. I don't know much about Wistia, but I think as long as you embed Marketo's code, it should still track.

Our emails for example also have links to external sites that don't have Marketo's code, but still tracks that the links were clicked.