Re: Does Marketo publish the number of MCEs?

Bonnie_Jeffers2
Level 4

Does Marketo publish the number of MCEs?

I think there is a lot of education needed and misunderstand about the marketing operations function. On top of that, many companies don't understand the Marketo Certified Expert designation. You can't just spin up a free developer org and teach yourself. So, does Marketo publish this sort of data? If not, could you please?

5 REPLIES 5
SanfordWhiteman
Level 10 - Community Moderator

Wondering about your preferred outcome... do you want the number to be perceived as "a few" or "a lot" of MCEs?

B/c we know there are far more MCEs than there are real-world experts -- and there's, well, less-than-full overlap between the 2 groups. So if the number makes it look like -- as I suspect it will -- MCEs are a dime a dozen, and the certification is taken to mean actual end-to-end expertise, where does that leave you?

By the way, agreed 10,000% that "you can't just spin up a free developer org and teach yourself" to truly be able to answer real-world Marketo challenges. But not so sure you can't get just enough knowledge to pass the MCE that way (as you can have a home Cisco router lab, as thousands of people do, and not be able to answer the first question after you get a job). Can you be more clear about the message you're trying to get across? (Which again, I probably agree with, just can't tell what it is!)

Bonnie_Jeffers2
Level 4

Hi Sanford,

I suppose at the heart of it I'm looking to put in context the value of a Marketo expert who can solve real-world problems. I recall a recruiter asking me, "Why are there only 25 Marketo Certified Experts in a one hundred mile radius?" To which I educate on how it's not easy to learn Marketo unless you already work for a company who has Marketo, how marketing operations isn't really taught in college, and how under appreciated the function is today. I thought perhaps knowing the number of MCEs that exist would be enlightening, but I guess that's not really going to demonstrate value. I'm still curious, though, about the statistics of the MCEs and if anyone is bothering with the MCA.

Thank you for your response. I always appreciate your participation in this community, Sanford!

Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Hi Bonnie Jeffers ,

If you are just looking to know the exact numbers of MCA's , MCE's and MCSA's in the world, here is the link to know that.

https://certifiedlocator.marketo.com/?order=best_match%20DESC&groups=119976

In this link , you can just filter what you are looking for and it will show you the exact numbers (Snapshot Below)

pastedImage_1.png

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Senior Product Manager - Marketo Engage
Bonnie_Jeffers2
Level 4

This is helpful, thank you Karan!

Karan_Hari3
Level 9

Most welcome  !

Best Always,

Karan Hari

Karan Hari
Senior Product Manager - Marketo Engage